Parkside Church of Auburn
Worship Director Job Description
To lead worship and to schedule and direct the worship team at Parkside Church of Auburn.
- Lead Pastor
- Part-Time Position
This person will live a life that reflects Godly character 24/7, following the biblical mandate in
1 Timothy 3: 1-13.
The Worship will partner with the Worship Pastor and worship team to bring a quality
musical presentation to Parkside Church’s worship services. She will provide leadership in
helping to define and create a culture of worship that fits with the vision of Parkside Church.
- Identify and engage an executive team to support the worship ministry.
- Choose songs and arrangements that fit the Parkside worship vision.
- Provide chord sheets, lyrics, audio files and other resources as required to support music ministry participants and productions.
- Utilize Planning Center software to schedule, communicate and provide resources for music ministry participants.
- Schedule worship team members to cover all required positions for all Parkside services.
- Schedule and lead rehearsals and/or other training opportunities as required to create and maintain a quality musical presentation.
- Actively build worship ministry by engaging new musicians. Use auditions and interviews to determine each new person’s readiness, heart and ability.
- Work directly with audio and media ministry to produce a worship experience of the highest quality possible.
- Provide a monthly summary for board meetings.
- God-led ability to express worship musically and lead a worship team.
- Music knowledge, experience and qualifications commensurate with position.
- Training/education appropriate to focus on this position, with particular emphasis given to music and arts.
- Ability to work well with others, recruit, delegate and equip others to do ministry.
- Give leadership to conflicts with personnel on the worship & creative arts team or congregation in regards to Worship Ministry. Protocol to a healthy process of resolving conflicts is an absolute need to grow a healthy TEAM.
To apply for this position:
Submit Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org