Children’s Pastor Job Description
The Children’s Ministry Pastor is one who has been called by God to provide leadership in supporting and equipping children, and their families for life and service through outreach with the goal of children becoming fully devoted followers of Christ.
Accountability to: Lead Pastor
Commitment: This is a full-time position
- Commitment to Christ and His Church
- Team-based ministry focus
- Attitude of servant hood
- Teachable spirit
- Leadership gifts
- Live a life that fosters a growing passion for knowing God and making Him known. (Titus 2:3-5)
- Work with the other members of Parkside Church to fulfill the mission, purpose and values God has called us to, in particular, as it relates to the children in our community.
- Develop a vision for ministry for the children of our community through our local church.
- Disciplined prayer life.
- Regular attendance on Sunday.
- Commitment to a Life Group.
- Assist the Family Life Pastor in developing ideas, plans, organization, promotion and vision for children’s ministries, and carrying them out.
- Develop leaders within the children’s ministry.
- Submit to the leadership and protection of the Lead Pastor and Church Board.
Coordinate Children’s Church
Sunday mornings at 10:30 AM, lead children (1st_5th grades) in a morning worship service, teaching children through music, object lessons, and scripture memorization using an exciting curriculum. This includes scheduling substitutes when the Director will be unavailable.
Coordination of Children’s Ministry Activities
Work with other ministry leaders to develop strategies that will impact the kids in our community for Christ. Look for fresh ideas and ways to keep kids engaged. To provide safe environment for kids to learn. Oversight of mid-week children’s ministry programs.
Help develop effective strategies to grow the children of our church and our community in Christ-likeness.
Identifying and Communicating Missing Kids and Families
Make note of kids and families who have not attended recently, and give their names to the Family Life Pastor for follow-up.
Participate in Outreach Events
Help Children build friendships with each other and organize activities for relationship growth, outreach, evangelism and FUN!
To apply for this position:
Submit Resume to email@example.com